Its that time again! Celebrate spring with the CFB Women’s Leadership Committee’s 2011 Women’s Leadership Conference in Glenwood Springs.
There will be speakers on becoming better ‘ag-vocates’ for agriculture, workshops to help you in your business and personal life and “funshops”, – learning and sharing with other women in agriculture. Plan a family vacation to historic Glenwood and the Hot Springs! An optional tour on Saturday, April 2nd includes a ride on the gondola, followed by lunch and a tour of Glenwood Caverns. Family welcome!
The conference will run from 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, 3/31/11 to 11:30 on Saturday, 4/2/11. Here’s what you can expect:
- Keynote Speaker – Sherry Saylor, AFBF Women’s Leadership Committee Vice Chair
- The Farm Wife Project – blogging about ag – Rachel Vermillion, Lincoln Co. FB
- Managing and Sharing Photos – Social Media – Container Gardening
- Generational Differences – Bridging the Generation Gap – Jill Casten, AFBF trainer
- The Art of Being Fit – women’s health – Adelaide Currier, Mesa County FB
- Program and Grants available through USDA and FSA
- Telling Our Story – Jill Casten, AFBF and Elisa Sagehorn, National Collegiate Ag Ambassador and Phillips County FB Member
- Cherished Memories – Scrapbooking – Lee Ann Bee, Larimer County FB
- Estate Planning – How to Talk to Your Banker
- What’s New in Ag in the Classroom? Bette Blinde, Colorado Foundation for Agriculture
- 12 Steps to Controlling Clutter – Beth Jones, CFB Women’s Leadership Committee
- Farm Bureau Women’s Programs
- Game Night at the Hotel!
Registration cost of $40 will include most meals. Hotel room costs at the Courtyard by Marriott will be reimbursed for one night, based on double occupancy. (Check with your county farm bureau for other possible reimbursement) One evening you will have on your own to explore Glenwood Springs and the other night we’ll enjoy a tour of a local ag operation and a dinner sponsored by Garfield County Farm Bureau.
Hotel reservations due by MARCH 1st and conference registration due by MARCH 20, 2011. Call the Courtyard at 970-947-1300 BY MARCH 1, 2011 for reservations and mention group code ‘CFBG’.
Please see separate conference registration form to return to CFB.